TITLE: Sales Associate
OPENING DATE: April 18, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 25, 2017
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sales Associate actively works to ensure the highest level of museum visitor experience in the Museum Store and the Visitor Center information desk. Sales Associate must be fully competent in selling all museum products (store merchandise, admission tickets and memberships).
Sales Associate must provide excellent customer service to all museum visitors, greet and engage them into conversation for the purposes of sharing information about the Museum Store merchandise and museum services, programs, collections and exhibitions.
The Sales Associate is responsible for:
• having complete knowledge of the Cafesjian Center for the Arts, its exhibitions, memberships, Special Events Auditorium and Museum Store,
• assisting the Museum Store visitors with the information about the store merchandise and/or the museum exhibits and special events at the Cafesjian Center for the Arts,
• assisting with the inventory,
• working accurately on sales registers and point of sale system (POS), following established cash/credit procedures daily,
• pleasantly communicating with customers regarding merchandise they are interested, highlighting new and unusual items and their specifications,
• maintaining contact with all visitors in the Museum Store and Visitor Center, to ensure high level of visitors’ satisfaction,
• operating a computerized point of sale cash register and inventory management system, including the accurate entering of sales information, receiving payments for merchandise, admission tickets and memberships,
• summarizing and preparing daily sales information reports for the Museum Store and Visitor Center Director,
• performing other duties as assigned by the Museum Store and Visitor Center Director, pertinent to his/her position.
• Higher education with a minimum one year of experience in retail sales, or equivalent practice,
• Experience in handling cash and credit transactions,
• Must be able to accurately operate a point of sale system (POS), effectively interact with public and provide excellent customer service,
• Must be willing to work by flexible schedule that includes weekends and special events,
• Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills,
• Excellent knowledge of Armenian, Russian and English languages,
• Computer literacy.
Working Days & Hours:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 10am to 8pm
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- A CV or Resume that lists the applicant’s educational background and provides a detailed summary of the applicant’s professional experience and relevant qualifications for the job;
- A single page, listing the contact information of at least three references (who will only be contacted once the applicant has given the approval).
The above information should be sent to: email@example.com. Please mention in the subject field your name and the name of the position for which you are applying.
No personal visits or phone calls, please. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.